Create a small database for a PHP site that uses MySQL that can handle less then 500 e-mails going out each month
1. Initially convert clien'ts current email address mailing list (under 500 emails) into an Access table to use the data with whatever database will be used
2. Set up the database online so that staff can log in and add in new email subscribers by hand if they want to (first name, last name, organization, email address and subscription list title) AND have the database receive email subscribers information from the Email Updates form on the main page (email subscribers will be able to select up to 6 different mailing lists they want to be on so the database will need to contain and track the same people on multiple lists)
3. Ability to create reports online within the user log in area including Subscriber by last name, Subscribers by date, and Subscribers by Subscription List (alphabetized within the each Subscription List)
4. Then when staff gets ready to send out an email blast, they can log in online and have a form with fields to enter the Date of the email (or it does this automatically), the Title of the email (the subject line), the Email Content (main body of email), the General Category (to archive the emails later) and a place to attach any attachments (files residing on their computer) and the ability to send the emails to the entire email list or 4-6 specific subscription categories or enter specific people individually. E-mails will be sent upon submission (no scheduling for later dates). The file name of the attached file will automatically be changed to a unique name that complies with html standards.
5. As the email sends –– the database places the Email Date and Email Title in an area on the main page of the website with a link that when clicked opens a new document window (a template that I will set up) that contains the full email including the date, title, email content and links to the attachments residing on the server (that will also open in their own new document window). The space on the main page is limited so we would need to limit the number of characters allowed for the Email Date and Email title and the number of email entries (last 10 or last 3 months' to be decided) showing up on the main page –– they will show up on the main page with the most recent email at the top.