没想到Wrox的《Professional C#》在amazon.com上恶评如潮

kaneboy 2002-04-15 08:19:43
共有四条书评,都评价其差劲。最被公认的书评是:

Not reliable, too many errors, October 2, 2001
Reviewer: vconroy (see more about me) from Novato, CA USA
I generally have found the Wrox books pretty good, but after two weeks of using this book to help me with my first C#/.NET project, I am tempted to retire it. The quality is inconsistant (to many writers?) and I have found numerous typos and technical errors including code snippets that are incorrect and won't compile. For example, the section on Threads in Chapter 7 is poorly written, contains mistakes and leaves out important details like the fact that you can't directly use the lock() method to synchonrize a value type (which it implies you can).

I bought this book after buying the O'Reilly book "Programming C#" with the hope that the Wrox book would fill in some gaps. However, the O'Reilly book, though it is light in a few areas, is much more consistant, readable and accurate. Its too bad, because a lot of the content in the Wrox book is good, but there are too many mistakes to make it a reliable source of information.

This will probably be my last Wrox book.

书评的作者认为《Programming C#》要比《Professional C#》好得多,还说这可能是他买的最后一本Wrox book了...

其他书评是:

All Customer Reviews Avg. Customer Rating:

Don't waste your money on this book!!, April 7, 2002
Reviewer: A reader from United States
Don't buy this book!! The author doesn't know how to explain the subject at all. Most of the content in this book is nothing more than a copy and paste from previous wrox books on C#. I would never buy another book by this author. --This text refers to the Paperback edition.

Too many items with too little depth, April 3, 2002
Reviewer: A reader from McDonough, GA United States
The book makes the ambitious goal of covering numerous aspects of C# and .NET including ASP.NET, Windows Forms, XML, as well as an introduction to the architecture and the language itself. The introduction to the many numerous aspects of the environment is a good thing and in reviewing the text I picked up some good info.
Unfortunately, though, the flow breaks down, particulary in the API discussions. The chapters do not build upon each other which hurts the progression through the book. While the language discussion is decent enough further coverage of the APIs are brief and woefully lacking in examples and detailed explanations. Of course all they try to cover cannot be done justice in a single book. Still you will walk away from many chapters very precious little information to begin work with. As for an introduction to the environment it is very poor. It is more like a large brochure for C#. You'll gather many of the langauge features and .NET's possibilities but little of the foundation you will need to begin serious development. --This text refers to the Paperback edition.

C-Dull Book, April 2, 2002
Reviewer: Jordan G Baugh (see more about me) from Joliet, ILLINOIS United States
This book is poor. Using incorrect and inconsistent grammer, this book attempts to explain C#. It fails...

...全文
30 11 打赏 收藏 转发到动态 举报
写回复
用AI写文章
11 条回复
切换为时间正序
请发表友善的回复…
发表回复
karma 2002-04-19
  • 打赏
  • 举报
回复
Wrox出的不少书还是很不错的,特别是那些作者数少的书
hdelphi 2002-04-19
  • 打赏
  • 举报
回复
Wrox的书只能当介绍看看,一本书这么多作者写,肯定是狗屎!!!
tingningpower 2002-04-19
  • 打赏
  • 举报
回复
Wrox出的不少书还是很不错的,特别是那些作者数少的书

ctuyoung 2002-04-19
  • 打赏
  • 举报
回复
professional c# 讲的东西挺多,但是章节有好有坏,有些不错,有些讲得叫人摸不着头脑比如.net remoting.这书感觉做入门级书差不多.要深入研究就不新了,不如看msdn了
hillfree 2002-04-19
  • 打赏
  • 举报
回复
在某一期的《程序员》的C#书评中,特别讲到了这本书。
说《professional C#》为了抢先出版,所以就萝卜多了不洗泥,质量下降很多。相反,其后另外一家出版社推出的《C# and .Net framework》则要好很多。
0aaron 2002-04-19
  • 打赏
  • 举报
回复
我也觉得这本书很一般,讲的东西又不深
WUYONG 2002-04-19
  • 打赏
  • 举报
回复
嗨,我就是被这本书害了一下,按照它的例子做,才提出“我将一个DLL加入了全局程序集缓存,但是不能引用!”的问题。
这本书的错误是有蛮多,它自己英文版的勘误就有好几十个。中文版的错误也有不少。所以它现在出了英文第2版。不过无缘一见。
目前长沙没见到其他什么好的C#书,时无英雄、竖子成名!
不过,我得老实地承认,这本书给我的帮助不小。
份量也还足,没有空洞的东西。只是.net 也未免太庞大了!
长期以来,我就觉得我们能够学好软件实在是因为我们太勤奋了!参考书、教科书有那么多的错误,多少电脑图书是简单的截屏、COPY帮助文挡、改变章节顺序.......我们都忍受过来了。中国人好耐力呀。
MarsXia 2002-04-19
  • 打赏
  • 举报
回复
me too:)
wenzm 2002-04-19
  • 打赏
  • 举报
回复

我觉得不会太差,特别是现在.net的数据不是太多,毕竟她介绍得比较全面,尽管不是很深入
karma 2002-04-15
  • 打赏