This company is a Fortune 500 enterprise and a global leader in e-commerce.
Title： Support Engineer
We are looking for a passionate Support Engineer to join our External Fulfillment Platform (EFP) team in Beijing, China. This team owns the systems that control the flow of work to our drop ship partners and provides services for partners to manage their inventory and customer orders, shipments for all our websites. Our systems cover a wide range of business and technology areas including inventory management, workflow management, shipment management, and reporting.
This is a high-impact space packed with challenging problems involving very complex systems and smart people - our systems handle the fulfillment of all customer orders that are fulfilled through Drop Ship vendors and third party logistics partners.
The Support Engineer will work closely with our software development engineers to fix problems in the systems, perform deep dive to understand and fix the root cause and ensure scalability and performance of the system are tuned to optimal.
Some of the key job functions:
• Provide support of incoming remedy tickets, including extensive troubleshooting tasks, with responsibilities covering all vendors supported by the EFP.
• Software deployment support in staging and production environments.
• Develop tools to aid operations and maintenance.
• System and Support status reporting.
• Communicate and coordinate with clients, and follow-up to maintain service level agreements.
• Document SOP (Standard Operating Procedure) for researching issues, resolving tickets or software deployment practices.
• Work on operations and maintenance driven coding projects.
• Work with globale support team for handing-off or taking over active support issues and creating a team specific knowledge base and skill set.
The ideal candidate will have these skills:
• B.S. in Computer Science or a related field.
• 3+ years overall development /technical support experience.
• Proven ability to troubleshoot and identify the root cause of issues.
• Demonstrated skill and passion for operational excellence.
• Demonstrated experience in SQL queries and Oracle.
• Demonstrated experience in Perl or shell scripts, a sound understanding of web technologies.
• Detailed knowledge of the UNIX/Linux operating system, prior experience with UNIX system administration is a plus.
• Experience in a 24/7 production environment is a plus.
• Knowledge of Java based technologies. Understanding of XML/SOAP, web services, workflow modeling, data modeling is a plus.
• Ability to retain composure under stressful conditions, communicates effectively with a wide array of individuals and gets the right things done.