linux kernel compiling

烟袅许伊 2018-01-21 07:49:20
Sorry...I don't know how to config the Input Method in CentOS, so that I can only use English...

The main problem disturbing me is that I want to compile the linux kernel of version 2.6.24 which is mentioned in <Professional Linux Kernel Architecture> under CentOS 7.3(1611).

The problems I encountered wit h during compilation were resolved.
But it turns to me that 'vmlinuz-2.6.24 has invalid signature' and 'The kernel is too old'

To resolve the former one, I turned of the "Secure Boot" configuration. I'm wondering how can I boot the system with Secure Boot on?

So questions come out:
Is it feasible to run 2.6.24 on modern cpu?
Can I build it using modern compilers?
The "Kernel too old" message is posted by BIOS or Grub?
...全文
1421 4 打赏 收藏 转发到动态 举报
写回复
用AI写文章
4 条回复
切换为时间正序
请发表友善的回复…
发表回复
烟袅许伊 2018-01-31
  • 打赏
  • 举报
回复
引用 3 楼 r_Jimy 的回复:
自己编译的内核估计会遇到不到驱动找不到的问题,可能都无法正常显示,楼主做好心理准备
In my expectation, it's the only goal for me that I can build a OS which can boot on its FS, without any other addons besides GCC, so that I can build a 1.0 kernel for evolution to 4.X kernel....
常书 2018-01-31
  • 打赏
  • 举报
回复
自己编译的内核估计会遇到不到驱动找不到的问题,可能都无法正常显示,楼主做好心理准备
烟袅许伊 2018-01-29
  • 打赏
  • 举报
回复
引用 1 楼 wsl_wushili 的回复:
In my view, 2.6.24 can work on any supported CPU,(like i3,i5,arm). Maybe you can use the lower version of compiler
Someone told me that it's the version of glib_devel who limit the version of kernel...I updated it to 2.6.32, as a result, the kernel is started up with all kinds of bugs...so I quit....
wsl_wushili 2018-01-24
  • 打赏
  • 举报
回复
In my view, 2.6.24 can work on any supported CPU,(like i3,i5,arm). Maybe you can use the lower version of compiler

社区成员

发帖
与我相关
我的任务
社区描述
Linux/Unix社区 内核源代码研究区
社区管理员
  • 内核源代码研究区社区
加入社区
  • 近7日
  • 近30日
  • 至今