Welcome to the world of LinQ!
What is LinQ?
LinQ is the abbreviation of LinK You, or Linux Q, which is a cross-platform instant messaging system including server(linqd) and client(linqt).
Author: Zhang Yong(firstname.lastname@example.org)
Developer's mailing list: email@example.com
LinQ client is licensed under GPL, see COPYING.txt for details
LinQ server is a freeware which can be freely used and distributed. If you want to customize linqd for your needs, for example, add an SMS module, please contact me to buy the license.
- Presence notification(including online, offline, away).
- Send/Receive online or offline messages(using UTF-8 encoding).
- Contact list is stored on server.
- Store detailed information and message history on client(XML + BerkeleyDB).
- Store password using SHA algorithm.
- Password is encrypted using MD5 algorithm when transferred on network.
- SOCKS5/HTTPs proxy support.
- Emotion tokens and various fonts when sending messages.
- Adminiators can send broadcast messages to all users on his server.
- Toggle window styles at runtime(including Windows, Motif, MotifPlus, ...).
- Communicate with remote users on other servers.
- Can be run on both Windows and linux platform.
Thanks to all who support LinQ.
Anybody is welcome to join linq project!
Specifically, I want to thank my girl-friend. Without her help and support, it is almost impossible for me to finish such a large project in my spare time!
Below are the individuals who have directly contributed to LinQ:
Hu Zheng (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Yan Jin (email@example.com)
Zhang Lv for her picture resources!
Lin Meng Xiang