szy 2004-03-12 09:21:25
Delphi 8.0 for the Microsoft .NET Framework Update 2
This file contains important supplementary and late-breaking
information that may not appear in the main product
documentation, and supersedes information contained in other
documents, including previously installed release notes.
Borland recommends that you read this file in its entirety.
IMPORTANT: Delphi 8.0 must be closed before installing this
* INSTALLING THIS UPDATE
* KNOWN ISSUES AND WORKAROUNDS
* ISSUES ADDRESSED BY THIS UPDATE
- NATIVE OPEN TOOLS API
- ASP.NET AND HTML
- ASP.NET DB WEB CONTROLS
- MODELING (ECO)
- THIRD PARTY
* FILES INSTALLED BY THIS UPDATE
* VERIFYING THAT THE UPDATE WAS SUCCESSFUL
* UPDATING INTERNATIONAL PRODUCT VERSIONS
* WARNING ABOUT EDITING THE REGISTRY
INSTALLING THIS UPDATE
* Update 2 includes cumulative maintenance from Update 1. You
can install Update 2 regardless of whether you have
installed Update 1 or not.
* You will need the original Delphi 8 installation media to
install this update.
* This is a self-executing update. Double-click the file to
begin the installation and follow the prompts.
* During the update installation, the following dialog will
prompt you to overwrite your existing bdpConnections.xml file:
"Setup has created a new <bdpConnections.xml> file based
upon the drivers you have selected for installation. Do you
want to overwrite the existing copy of <bdpConnections.xml>
file with this one?"
You should choose "Yes," since the BDP version has now changed
to 188.8.131.52. If you want to preserve your existing connection
information, you can choose not to overwrite the file,
however, you must then change the version of the BDP
assemblies in your bdpConnections.xml file from 184.108.40.206
* This update can not be removed after it is installed.
KNOWN ISSUES AND WORKAROUNDS
After installing this update, you might encounter the following
* If you encounter the following errors when starting the IDE:
"Borland Data Provider. Specified cast is not valid."
"Object reference not set to an instance of an object"
delete the ApplicationSettings.xml in location '<HomeDir>
\Local Settings\Application Data\Borland\BDS\2.0' and restart
* After installing Update 2, a new registry entry, "$(BDS)
\Bin\Borland.Vcl.Design.Xml.dll" = "Borland XML Components" is
added to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Borland\BDS\2.0\Known
If you are starting the IDE for the first time after
installing Update 2, the IDE automatically copies all the
registry settings from HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE to
However, if you have already started the IDE once before
installing this update, do one of the following to add the new
registry entry to HKEY_CURRENT_USER:
a) In the IDE, choose Component | Installed .NET Components.
In the dialog that appears, select the .NET VCL
Components tab and click Add. Navigate to the Delphi 8
installation bin directory, select
Borland.Vcl.Design.Xml.dll, and click OK.
b) Close the IDE and use regedit to add a new string entry,
"$(BDS)\Bin\Borland.Vcl.Design.Xml.dll" = "Borland XML
Components" to registry key
Assemblies and restart the IDE. Please read the WARNING at
the end of this file before editing your system registry.
* If you encounter errors when compiling or running an
application, delete any referenced assembly files which may
have been copied into the project output directory. For
example, Borland.VclRtl.dll, Borland.Vcl.dll, and other files
that are listed in the "References" node of the Project
Manager for the project. You should also delete all files with
.pdb or .dcpil extensions.
* If you encounter designer errors when opening an existing ECO
project, delete any .dcuil and .exe files belonging to that
project before opening the ECO project. Failure to do so may
result in errors such as "DataGrid received an exception at
design time. Please reset the DataSource and DataMember
property on the grid."
* When using dbExpress MSSQL and TClientDataSet.ApplyUpdates,
you may encounter either of the following errors while
applying updates, due to a SQLOLEDB.DLL limitation:
"Cannot create new transaction because capacity was exceeded."
"Cannot create new connection because in manual or
distributed transaction mode."
To resolve the errors, use one of the following workarounds:
- On the DataSetProvider Options property, make sure
poFetchBlobsOnDemand and poFetchDetailsOnDemand are False.
- Use a BeforeApplyUpdates event to either call CloseDataSets
or Close the connection:
procedure TForm1.DataSetProvider1BeforeApplyUpdates(Sender: TObject;
var OwnerData: OleVariant);
* To use Nevrona Rave Reports with Delphi after installing this
update, you will need to download and install the latest
update to Rave. See the Borland web site for download