ASPNet2算是看了庐山面目了,谁想知道ASPNet3是什么样子的?

大可山人
博客专家认证
2004-08-08 07:03:39
看看这篇文章吧:
I wonder what ASP.NET 3.0's going to be like…
Jason Salas - 8/7/2004 4:42 AM PST
--------------------------------------
I've gotten back into working with ASP.NET 2.0 after a brief hiatus from research. But now that I've got principle development done on my station's local election and Olympic coverage and our 50th anniversary gala, I've been keeping Scott Guthrie's impressive mantra of the objectives to be baked-into the release of the-product-formerly-known-as-Whidbey firmly in mind.

Ambitiously planning out the development of enhancements like 70% less code, ramped-up productivity, enhanced security, easier setup, precompilation and other features is really cool. But even more so is speculating about features of forthcoming releases. As such, I'm speculating what the feature set of ASP.NET 3.0 will be like.

Consider this one idiot's projection of the future.

--------------------------------

At the point of release for the next major version of ASP.NET (circa 2009), a major competitive strategy of Microsoft will be to definitely tout how its own platform surpasses Java, notably in terms of the number of stable versions released. This will be a critical driving force in once and for all nailing the coffin shut on JavaServerPages, as by that point, the world's web developers will display a certain polarity – either being devs with a preference towards .NET or PHP (itself still in version 5).

Prior to the RTM rollout, Microsoft makes a grand revelation of the new features of ASP.NET 3.0:

q Single-page web sites & web applications – thanks to advances in inheritance, polymorphism, code separation, unlimited partial classes and more OOP trickery than you can shake a stick at, all the functionality you ever need in an entire web app will be accessible from a solitary DEFAULT.ASPX file.

q Path-less URLs – Microsoft pioneers technology that passes all view state, session state and cache data all internally and within the context of the current WebForm, eliminating the need for messy query strings, munged URLs and file extensions. All sites are now known as "http://www.mydomainname.com". Bankruptcy filings by out-of-work ad agencies anticipated.

q 100% less code to write than in ASP.NET 2.0 – programming becomes obsolete altogether. The entire ASP.NET 3.0 platform is based on single-control, declarative page assembly. Server-side logic is so indiscriminate from boilerplate HTML that devs with Ph.Ds from Stanford are being replaced by lowly marketing majors from the University of Guam (like me!)

q Intra-site search server control – the good MS folks develop a single integrated control that performs Google-like searches against a site's data store, executing a Full-Text Indexed catalog for textual content and binaries.

q Merging of dynamic imaging and personalization – revolutionary steps in intelligently detecting, tracking, storing and persisting user preferences and themes based on a personality trait profile generated by visited web sites delivers truly dynamic, customized, random imagery on a page based on the personal likes, desires and genre-adherences of the individual user. Greatly appreciated by single, heterosexual 30-year-old males (like me!)

q Airtight security – a cool feature that detects repeated attempts at bad logins, hacks or DoS attacks upon a web app and calls an XML web service that dispatches a real-life outsourced goon squad to pummel the intruding party within an inch of their life.

q .NET Documentation – with Microsoft having successfully acquired Adobe, document compression formats are revolutionized, such that the entire .NET Documentation and MSDN Library fit on a single, standard floppy disk. (Note: by 2009, a single, standard floppy disk is 60GB, but that's not the point).

q TrendDataSource - with the blogging and IM fads having long faded into the sunset, Microsoft creates a generic data source control that lets a developer bind apps to display data in whatever gimmicky format everyone seems to be flocking to at that moment. Completely flexible, with the intention of its usefulness being short-term.

q Auto-indexing of site content with Google – taking a progressive step forward from V2's bold initiative of auto-compilation, V3 now fully indexes your site with the major search services. Not surprisingly, you get better results with MSN Search.

q IIS becomes the new Personal Web Server – brought upon by tough competition and pressure by Apache in 2006, Microsoft releases IIS as a free web server download, to rave reviews.

q Intelligent dynamic adaptive browser rendering – we finally have real, decent, consistent looking pages across browsers and platforms. Loading an MSDN article on a T-1 connection now consistently takes 2 minutes on ANY device.

q GridViewDataGridDetailsViewDataListRepeater server control – a databound control that displays tabular data, edits, inserts, deletes, schedules, renders, e-mails, computes, sends alerts, logs, watches your kids, buys groceries and does all sorts of stuff with data.

q TivoDataSource – tight integration with HDTV and digital programming, coupled with the increasing expansion of broadband Internet access in residential communities allows for developers to use display TV programming in a BulletedList server control.

q Outlook Provider Model – now stable enough to be used within Microsoft's own confines, Exchange Server and the Outlook-based networks that consume them are integrated with ASP.NET 3.0's front-end logic. Works best with MSN, Hotmail and Passport.

q FlashDataSource – finally seceding after years of unsuccessfully being able to champion its own web animation standard, Microsoft "embraces" Macromedia and creates a cool interface with which to merge graphics and data, proving once and for all that there's a place on the Web for Flash besides movie marketing sites that only last for the 6 weeks they’re in theaters.

q SmartNavigation – for some reason, this sticks in the ASP.NET feature set. And for some reason, it's still promoted heavily. And for some reason, none of us still are able to figure it out and what the hell it does.

If any of these make it to RTM by V3, tell 'em where you heard it first. I accept checks or cash. :)

到那时我们都会失业了.....
...全文
220 1 打赏 收藏 转发到动态 举报
写回复
用AI写文章
1 条回复
切换为时间正序
请发表友善的回复…
发表回复
ralphchen 2004-08-08
  • 打赏
  • 举报
回复
看的头晕

社区成员

发帖
与我相关
我的任务
社区描述
.NET技术交流专区
javascript云原生 企业社区
社区管理员
  • ASP.NET
  • .Net开发者社区
  • R小R
加入社区
  • 近7日
  • 近30日
  • 至今
社区公告

.NET 社区是一个围绕开源 .NET 的开放、热情、创新、包容的技术社区。社区致力于为广大 .NET 爱好者提供一个良好的知识共享、协同互助的 .NET 技术交流环境。我们尊重不同意见,支持健康理性的辩论和互动,反对歧视和攻击。

希望和大家一起共同营造一个活跃、友好的社区氛围。

试试用AI创作助手写篇文章吧