webwork开发团队加入Struts

simbas00 2005-11-28 10:24:49
原文如下:
WebWork joining Struts

Yes, it's true. The WebWork development team (Jason and I) have been working with the Struts development team (Don Brown and Ted Husted) and have come to the conclusion that the best thing for Java community would be to merge WebWork in to Struts.
Read Ted's email here, but the gist of it is this: WebWork is a great technology, and Struts is a great community. It's a perfect match and bringing the two together will only be better for WebWork and Struts users alike. The only down side for me is that I'll be working less with OpenSymphony, but I believe that is a small price for all the great benefits that come from this merger.

Just to be clear, WebWork is not going away. WebWork 2.2 is still coming out any day now, and there may even be a WebWork 2.3. But new minor/major versions won't be coming out under the WebWork name for much longer. Instead, they will be released under the Struts incubator program with the intent to eventually become Struts Action Framework 2.0.

So don't worry, WebWork 2.1.8, 2.2.1, and other bug fix releases will continue to come out and we will support the WebWork community as long as needed. In addition, we'll make compatibility with both Struts and WebWork a high priority, so future releases may help with that. To be clear: no one is leaving WebWork and it will continue to be supported for a very long time.

With this renewed energy, larger development team, and larger community, the combined efforts of Struts and WebWork will surely make the Struts platform the easiest, fastest, and most powerful Java web framework available. We hope that all the WebWork users and developers are as excited about this as we are and are ready to take WebWork to the next level.

原文地址:http://www.opensymphony.com/webwork/

webwork + struts = ? 哈哈
...全文
367 13 打赏 收藏 转发到动态 举报
写回复
用AI写文章
13 条回复
切换为时间正序
请发表友善的回复…
发表回复
wmzsl 2005-11-28
  • 打赏
  • 举报
回复
顶啊!学啊!
zhkchi 2005-11-28
  • 打赏
  • 举报
回复
我们只有不停的学习了 唉
Little_qd 2005-11-28
  • 打赏
  • 举报
回复
WebStruts!
mxlmwl 2005-11-28
  • 打赏
  • 举报
回复
不过还是支持structs,为了偶的生计考虑:)
mxlmwl 2005-11-28
  • 打赏
  • 举报
回复
ok,特意去看了一下,感觉不错,不过实现起来,恐怕structs要重头翻一遍也说不准。结构和ww2的结构有很大的冲突哦,就看两者怎么融合了,如果搞好的话,倒是一个很不错的学习案例,期待中。。。。
jspxnet 2005-11-28
  • 打赏
  • 举报
回复
楼上的 webwork 2.2 已经加入了 AJAX 的支持
since2006 2005-11-28
  • 打赏
  • 举报
回复
cool...

正好"打击"一下AJAX, Ruby On Rails.. ^___^
mysohu 2005-11-28
  • 打赏
  • 举报
回复
很好的想法
zeq258 2005-11-28
  • 打赏
  • 举报
回复
对于楼主,我发自内心的表扬,

虽然我的表扬不能代表什么,但是我要说,楼主确实很热心!
zeq258 2005-11-28
  • 打赏
  • 举报
回复
好消息,一直有人对struts持怀疑态度,
也动摇了我,

看到这个消息,太好了!
zcjl 2005-11-28
  • 打赏
  • 举报
回复
不错的消息

不过我一直认为从技术上,webwork要优于struts,所以应该是merge struts into webwork才对,呵呵

开玩笑的,毕竟struts有着深厚的市场积累,就像原文所说:WebWork is a great technology, and Struts is a great community
laou2008 2005-11-28
  • 打赏
  • 举报
回复
hao
xiaofeng3385 2005-11-28
  • 打赏
  • 举报
回复
不错

社区成员

发帖
与我相关
我的任务
社区描述
J2EE只是Java企业应用。我们需要一个跨J2SE/WEB/EJB的微容器,保护我们的业务核心组件(中间件),以延续它的生命力,而不是依赖J2SE/J2EE版本。
社区管理员
  • Java EE
加入社区
  • 近7日
  • 近30日
  • 至今
社区公告
暂无公告

试试用AI创作助手写篇文章吧